Skip to main content


Northern District of Texas

Barbara M.G. Lynn, Chief Judge
Karen Mitchell, Clerk of Court


You are here

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is conferred upon a foreign citizen or foreign national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).


To Apply for Naturalization

Applicants for citizenship must file an Application for Naturalization (Form-400) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To obtain application forms and naturalization information, please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center, Phone: 1-800-375-5283, or visit their website at

After all requirements of the USCIS have been satisfied, the USCIS will send an applicant written notice of the date and time to report to a naturalization ceremony, typically two to three weeks in advance of the ceremony.

Please do not contact the court regarding your naturalization ceremony. Questions should be directed to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at 1-800-375-5283.


In the Northern District of Texas, naturalization ceremonies are held in the Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, San Angelo, and Wichita Falls divisions.

On the day of the ceremony, applicants are processed by USCIS Officers. Each applicant should bring the U.S. issued Permanent Resident Card (green card), U.S. issued visa, and all other travel documents. An applicant who is not fluent in English, but who is age 50 or older and has a U.S. permanent residency of more than 20 years, may be accompanied by someone who can interpret in the applicant’s native language.  The ceremony is a public event, so guests may attend, space permitting.

Please remain quiet during the proceedings and stand when the judge enters or leaves the courtroom. If you must leave while court is in session, please exit quietly.

Naturalization Schedule (Note: Dates are subject to change.)


Replacing a Lost Name Change Certificate

United States district courts can provide certified copies of name change certificates only.  The fee to obtain a certified copy of a name change certificate is $11.50. Please contact the court in which you were naturalized to determine if the record is located at the court or at the Federal Records Center.

Please note that we are unable to provide a copy of your naturalization certificate or any other documentation that certifies your citizenship.  To obtain a replacement of your naturalization certificate, please follow the instructions found here:


The Court's Naturalization Records

Naturalization records after 1996 are maintained by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). All naturalization records (declaration of intentions, court orders, and index to naturalization petitions, etc.) for the period 1907 to 1996 can be found at:

Street Address:

Fort Worth Federal Records Center
1400 John Burgess Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76140
(817) 551-2038


Mailing Address: NARA Southwest Region
Fort Worth Federal Records Center
P.O. Box 6216
Fort Worth, TX 76115

Before contacting the Federal Records Center for information or copies, you must contact the naturalization clerk in the Clerk's Office to obtain accession and location numbers of the documents. Contact the divisional office in the city where your naturalization ceremony was conducted.

Court records regarding naturalization prior to 1907 can be found at:

The Dallas Public Library
Dallas History and Archives
1515 Young Street, 7th Floor
Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (214) 670-1435